Meet Dr. Matouk
Well trained in the most recent advances of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Michel Matouk enjoys the full scope of this specialty, from advanced implant and orthognathic surgery to cosmetic and reconstructive craniomaxillofacial surgery. A board-certified surgeon, he received his Certificate of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from the University of Connecticut Health Center (UCHC). He then accepted a surgical position in nationally recognized private practices in Miami until he finally relocated to Fort Lauderdale at the South Florida Dental Implant and Facial Surgery Institute.
Dr. Michel Matouk was born and raised in Alexandria, Egypt. He then lived for ten years in Montreal, Canada where he obtained his dental degree (D.D.S.) from the prestigious McGill University in Montreal. Dually trained, Dr. Matouk then obtained his medical degree (M.D.) and also completed an internship in General Surgery at UCHC.
Dr. Matouk has published and lectured on many maxillofacial topics nationally and locally. He is certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is member of many regional and national associations. Dr. Matouk pursues different medical and surgical missions in foreign countries where craniofacial and reconstructive surgery is needed. He speaks English and French as well as some German and Arabic.
- McGill University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences – Undergraduate Education
- McGill University, Faculty of Dentistry – Dental Degree DDS
- University of Connecticut, School of Medicine – Medical Degree MD
- University of Connecticut, Department of Surgery – Internship in General Surgery
- University of Connecticut, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Residency in OMFS
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Physician Recognition Award
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Botox Cosmetic Physicians’ Network
- American Medical Association
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Miami Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Canadian Dental Association
- Riviera Dental Study Club
- Medical Ministry International
Hospital Staff Appointments
- Healthsouth Doctors’ Hospital
- Baptist Hospital of Miami
- Baptist Children’s Hospital
- South Miami Hospital
- Aventura Hospital
Teaching / Research
- Precision Open Septo-Rhinoplasty course.
- Training course by Dr. Matouk in the national AAOMS meeting in Boston, Ma.
- Chairman Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Dade County Dental Research Group’s general practice residency training program at the Lindsey Hopkins Clinic Assistant Professor, Maxillofacial Surgery, Nova Southeastern University School of Dentistry Connective Tissue Grafting, OMS Clinics of North America May 2002 Guest Faculty, University of Miami School of Medicine Head and Neck Anatomy, University of Connecticut, Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine Management of Odontogenic Infections, AAOMS meeting, Boston, MA Modifications of Dental Implant Interface, McGill University, Canada
- Marathon jogging, soccer and squash.